Here's your chance to be heard and to be taken seriously.
EO 13777 directs Federal agencies to establish regulatory reform task forces. One of the duties of these task forces is to evaluate existing regulations and make recommendations to the agency heads regarding their repeal, replacement, or modification. The EO further requests that each Taxk Force attempt to identify regulations that
- Eliminate jobs, or inhibit job creation
- are outdated, unnecessary, or ineffective
- impose costs that exceed benefits
- create a serious inconsistency or otherwise interfere with regulatory reform initiatives and policies
- are inconsistent with "other" requirements
- derive from or implement EOs or other Presidential directives that have been subsequently rescinded or substantially modified.
An example of No. 6 would be the recent repeal of the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces rules that were based on an EO from the previous administration but have now been rescinded. Keep this list in mind as you contemplate needed changes.
EO 13777 also requires the task forces to seek input and other assistance from entities significantly affected by Federal regulations including State, local, and tribal governments, small businesses, consumers, non-governmental organizations, and trade associations. Hence, this Federal Register call for input.
DoD has promised to consider all input it receives.
Click here for further information and directions for submitting your ideas.